An insight into the language of INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LAW
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO LEGAL ENGLISH & COMPANY LAW
STARTING DATE: JUNE 8TH, 6.30 PM
- The Legal Profession in the UK and US
- Main features of Common Law in GB and the US
- Company Formation – Main types of Business Organizations: Corporations, Partnerships, LLPs, LLCs, etc.
- Company Management: a Case Study
- The Capitalization of a Company: Issuing Shares, IPOs
- The main changes in the life of a Company: Mergers, Acquisitions.
- An Introduction to Bankruptcy and Liquidation
Study Material: Authentic Documents and the study material of INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ENLGISH, suitable to sit for Cambridge ESOL’S ILEC test (www.legalenglishtest.org). A post- intermediate command of English is required.
Certified Legal Translator, University Lecturer, Legal English Instructor for over 10 years, has trained lawyers to sit for the ILEC test over the last years, with successful results.
Certified Legal Translator, graduated with honors and with a Master in Business Administration.
This module is scheduled to include 16 hours of study, i.e. two months. Limited vacancies.
FEE: ARS 600 for the two months.
Venue: Av. Rivadavia 1984, 1ero. A. City of Buenos Aires.
Enrollment and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org; 011 154185-4360. Free introductory sessions are available on demand.